Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB 8300 Curve - Outlook 2007 sync not working, what to do?

Hello,

I have the curve, i used to use Office XP with outlook XP for my appointments, that never gave any sync problems between outlook xp and the blackberry. With the new Office 2007 i cant get any sync with outlook!

It loads (the desktopmanager) and say: Duplicate records found on the device. I have to get them to sync, cause i get alot of appointments and i cant put them in 2 devices. If he wont sync with the new office. I have to change phones.

I love the BB. But i have to sync my appointments. He also doesn't sync the contacs, tasks or notes..

please help, how do i solve this?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: BB 8300 Curve - Outlook 2007 sync not working, what to do?

Have you updated to the latest version of the desktop manager?

Tnx for youre tip, but i already solved the problem myself.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

Cool - maybe you should post what you found just in case others have the same problem ;-)

Yes, offcourse,

Because of the switch between outlook versions, somehow the calander got stuck or something. Because he checks the calander first, the other synced options dont work as well.

The way i solved it was:

I deleted all of my calender items in my BB. Theres a simpel way to do it.

Just go to calender => then show calender => go to date=> put in a date far from now like 2020, then go stand on the date and delete all previos appointments. Then the only thing you have to do manually is delete the reoccuring dates, like birthdates and so on. Then clik options and check if there are no calender items, so the counter is on 0.

Then connect the BB again to the computer and now he will load all the data from the Outlook to the BB.

And after that he will sync right again.

Problem Solved.