Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve
Accepted Solution

BB 8310 Red text

I am receiving messages in red text  and I don't know why. I have answered them and got confirmed delivery but no returns. What's the reason for the text being red?
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB 8310 Red text

HI,

Are they spam or real messages?

We are talking test messages?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This is normally a "Level 1" message indicator.  Messages that come in and are set up as "Level 1" will be in highlighted...in your case, red, in other models and service providers they may be bold.

To change it for normal email (Google, Yahoo!, etc.), log in to your provider's website and go to where you manager your email addresses through their service.  Check the filters you have for the phone...you can then add or modify them to designate which emails come through as highlighted "Level 1" messages.  I have mine set for my wife, for example.

If you have a Blackberry Enterprise Server through your company you can also change the priority through them as well as through Options > Advanced Options > Security Options > General Settings and then modify the settings there.

Additionally, you can change the way your phone notifies you (though you can't change the color) by going to your Profiles, highlight the profile, hit the menu key (left of trackball), select Edit and then change the Level 1 Messages settings.

If that doesn't help or you have any other questions, let me know or contact your service provider.  Hope that helps!

"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard

Tim J
Colorado Springs, CO
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

Thanks that was it. All pin messages is set to level 1
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !