06-20-2014 03:23 AM - edited 06-20-2014 03:38 AM
I have upgraded BB8520 TO V.5 AND.... the BB App World and the n Browser has disappeared.I decided to RESET the BB and reinstall The BB HANDHELD SOFTWARE onto my Phone via the DESKTOP Software.
I have even downgraded the OS to version:4.6 and same.On the Desktop Software it shows it is there, but on my Phone nothing.I have never Back up THEIS PHONE, THUS i CANNOT RESTORE.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-21-2014 12:22 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I suggest a very clean OS reload. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. As you say, this is now moot in your situation.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Once complete, the first thing to do is with a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):
1) Register HRT
2) Delete and Resend Service Books
If BBWorld is still not there, then please try this sequence:
1) Remove AppWorld from your BB
2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.
3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld
4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot
5) See if it now works.
If all fails, then contact your mobile service provider for formal support.
07-03-2014 11:10 AM
After the 02 options given to you before are done if you have the problem.
There is an IT option which is in 4.6, which can be removed through bbsak.
also load the latest version through
you may have your problem resolved.
Do write back if resolved.
07-04-2014 03:11 AM