Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8830 world edition: Can't get rid of missed call icon

About 2 months ago I received a call and the phone had an error trying to display the caller ID.  I didn't answer the call and it wasn't logged into my missed call list. However, the icon still showed up on the main page.  I deleted my entire call log and the missed call icon was still there.  I waited over 30 days to see if it would go away on its own, and it has not.  This issue hasn't affected any functionality, it's just a nuisance and an eyesore.  Any ideas?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 8830 world edition: Can't get rid of missed call icon

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Have you done a battery-pop reboot? Sometimes that can clear odd things like this. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the reboot. See if the icon has vanished.

If that fails, you might need to call your carrier and see if they can reset it somehow.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

Re: Re: BB 8830 world edition: Can't get rid of missed call icon

Try going to "messages" icon - scroll all the way thru, and you'll probably find a yellow indicator that you'll want to click on, and it will then disappear from your desktopSmiley Happy
Phil
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: BB 8830 world edition: Can't get rid of missed call icon

I sent a message to myself, deleted that message and the icon disappeared.
New Contributor

I have the missed call logging function disabled, so it doesn't show up in my "messages" inbox.  If i enable it, the icon for an unopened message shows on the screen, but there's no new message in my inbox.  So the issue is definitely related to that, as well.  Thanks, though.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sometimes missed call (and other) icons indeed get stuck. Sometimes they clear relatively simply (as in your case), other times the carrier needs to be contacted to clear them. It varies.

In any event, if this is cleared, could you mark the thread as solved so that others can more easily find your solution? Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................