Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 9000 Bold keeps 'losing' emails in Inbox

This is a strange problem.  I am a Rogers customer.  About 2 months ago I got the Bold.  Almost immediately, I noticed that almost everyday, email in my Inbox would simply disapear. I normally get 30-40 emails a day on the Bold.  The funny thing was that it would be a random issue - 15 being deleted one time, 2 the next, 30 next time. 

Rogers support had me reload the firmware a couple of times, but never solving the issue.

They finally gave up and swapped a new device for the old ('new' actually meaning a beat up refurbished device).  Darned if the problem didn't resurface.  The I realized that I had transfered my SIM card from the first device.  Rogers concluded that it must be the fact that I was using the same SIM card on both devices, which sounded logical enough.

So I used the brand new SIM card that was shipped with the second device and you can guess the outcome.  I still lose almost all of my emails over the course of the day.

The only reamining variable is the network.  Is there any possible way that the network can be leaching/deleting messages off my device?

I have lots of memory (36.2 mb), so thats not the problem.  I have 'combined' my messages on the desktop.  The only optional software I have installed is the Worlmate Live, Google Maps and the Weather Network.  My Blackberry Internet Service settings seem fine (certainly the same as when I was using the 8310 with no problems).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB 9000 Bold keeps 'losing' emails in Inbox

rwestrope,

Have you found any resolution on this issue? My boss has a Bold with the same issue.

My Device: 8520 Curve

In the BB settings there is an option that syncronises deleted items between your mailbox and your device. If you are using a gmail or yahoo adress you will loose on your device only the messages you are deleting yourself on the server. But if you use an entreprise server and you have Outlook or other mail software on your computer, this software might delete the messages on the server once you have dowloaded them on your computer.

To solve the problem you can set your outlook or mail software on your computer to leave the messages on the server.

Sometimes the web email servers have storage limits, so it's impossible to leave messages on the server.

There is another option without leaving the messages on the web server: On the blackberry, in Setup go on Email settings, then Log in, then edit the email adress and unable the option "Synchronise deleted items between this mailbox and my device".

My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Verizon

This is because of a "feature" called the Low Memory Manager. It's purpose is to erase your data when the Blackberry perceives that there isn't enough memory on the phone, even though there may be plenty. It will erase your emails, old text messages, and even calendar data. The thing is lethal and I'm about ready to switch off to a droid because of it. Have spoken with the highest levels of support at RIM several times regarding this and no one seems to care that the design of this "feature" is erasing user data without warning. It's erased hundreds of my todo's (saved as calendar items), emails, and sentimental text threads. They've released an updated application manager which aims at correcting this problem but falls short as it doesn't act quickly enough or catch the LMM in progress. So in short, there is no workaround unless someone can find a hack to delete the LMM out the OS entirely, which I would LOVE. I'd far prefer to just restart the phone when it truly is low on flash memory.
Highlighted
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Check out these two posts that may be helpful, but there still is a legitimate bug with the LMM and it starts deleting stuff WAY too early even with all reasonable steps taken http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB14213&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d... http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB11328&sliceId=2&cm...