Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800
Accepted Solution

BB 9000 Home screen image resets on sync

I got the new Bold (AT&T) a couple of days ago. In XP Windows Explorer, I copied a .jpg file into BB's pictures folder. Then from the device set that image as a home screen image.

So far so good.

But every time I synchronize the device with PC, it resets the image.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 9000 Home screen image resets on sync

If your image is stored on the Media Card, and Mass Storage mode is enabled on the Media Card, when you are connected to the USB, the BB device cannot access the the Media Card AS it is is available as a removable drive on your PC, and you will see the default image for that time.

Usually when you unplug from the USB, your image stored on the Media Card will return.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

In my bold, when i Sync the device, by usb port with Desktop Manager i loose the picture in my home screen, but after finish the synchronization the picture came back to the home screen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor

I do not have a media card. The image is on the device itself. The image never comes back after a sync. I have to go to the image and set it again for home screen. And then it stays until the next sync. This has happened consistently four times.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

I sporaticly lose my home screen image on synch or app update periodically.  I do have a media card but keep the home screen image in device memory for the reason detailed above; I use mass media storage access to move files back and forth.  Let's try to keep track of settings and processes and see what we can uncover.
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That is odd then.

But you you do have the 1gb installed memory on the 9000.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

yep, the 1 gb is available (well the vast majority of it anyway).  It is funny,  I've jumped at every chance to upgrade the OS and software.  Without any clear pattern sometimes the hoe screen image is kept and sometimes it's lost.  It's not avan a little deal as it takes but a momnet to set it back.  It does stay on hard and soft reboots.  Like I said, I'll be keping an eye out for something I'm doing to cause this.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

use promt for mass storage mode to stop this or you can move the pic to the device memory to stop this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor

The memory of 1 GB (or most of it) is there. There is no media card.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall DM. Uninstall did not work. It just stopped. Had to restart the PC and manually remove the files and registry entries. Reinstalled. Same problem.

The home screen image resets to original.

I have to say that I am beginning to wonder if it is worth keeping BB 9000. If for something like home screen image, there are major bugs, then what kind of testing did both RIM and AT&T did with the device, specially given all delays and hoopla. I will see how it goes for a few more days, else return it to AT&T.