Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blacckberry 9630
My Carrier: Digitel / Movistar

BB 9300 won't detect Wifi

Hi, 

I am wondering why my BB 9300 won'z detect any wifi networks. Even if I set up an ad-hoc network without security on my laptop and have the BB right next to it, it would not detect any wifi networks, which is kind of strange. 

I run OS 6, all other data services, mobile ones, are working just fine. 

Any ideas?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: BB 9300 won't detect Wifi

Hello, have you tried rebooting your BlackBerry device? If rebooting doesn't help, try re-installing your BlackBerry OS, also do remember to backup first.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Highlighted
Contributor

Hello,

thanks for your reply.
I have done several reboots and I have just recently updated to OS 6. I did however had the problem with OS 5 as well, so I would think it is either an issue with the phone itself or with the settings... otherwise no idea.

I will do another update however.
Contributor

I have tried both, but without success. Still nothing..
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello, I don't think ad-hoc Computer - Computer networks will work. Are you sure that it will not detect any networks at all? Or only your own Wi-Fi network?
I hear that changing the WI-Fi settings on the router to WPA2-PSK may help your device connect.
Let me know if it works Smiley Happy
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Contributor

Well of course I am not sure. but I know my BB says nothing detected, even when my wife, using her Xperia locates like 4 or 5 networks... even my laptop does detect them, so I figure it is an issue with the phone.

In fact I have never been at any place where it would have detected a Wifi, even when my wife or my old phone (a nokia) detected Wifi easily.