Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800

BB 9360 unstable - needs firmware reload and now on replacement keys inactive

I am due to have my second 9360 replaced by Orange UK in the last two weeks. The original phone  (less than a year old) lost its firmware twice and I had to reload via my laptop. After this every time I switched it on it "rebooted" i.e.. had the battery out line reboot. The replacement one worked well for two days - it did not have sam issue of "rebooting" when switched on. This one now will only "switch on" when connected to my laptop and keyboard is inactive i.e.. I cannot enter pin number.

Can someone from BB technical support resolve the root cause of this. Is my battery causing this or are there know problems with the 9360 reliability? This is a bussiness phone so essential that it is reliable.

Thanks

John

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 9360 unstable - needs firmware reload and now on replacement keys inactive

Hello...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have sorted this, but just in case!

This site is a user-to-user community, not a channel for any formal support from RIM. As such, you question as written cannot be responded to here.

Rather, you must seek out your contractually-required formal support channel, who can escalate into RIM if necessary. Your formal support is either your original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or an authorized service center...it varies by region, so check your original purchase documentation to discover the exact methods for you to seek warranty service and support. From what you describe, it is likely Orange UK...they can escalate into RIM, but you have no free channel by with to bypass them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................