Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB 9700 - SPEAKER PROBLEM

I have been using Blackberry 9700 Bold since 2010 September and I was very glad to despite the slowness of internet connection...

1 month ago all of a sudden the speaker started to let distorted sounds out while ringing and then was completely broken...

Of course I had no worries since my BB is under warranty for two whole years. (God - do I regret that feeling now)

So I sent my BB to Teleservice (the sole authorized service provider). I did not have a back-up phone which was a serious problem since everything is connected to your mobile these days and I am a business woman.

After 2 weeks of waiting Teleservice told me that the breakdown resulted from user's fault and when I called to find out how that was possible they said that there was a slight scratch on the corner of my BB.

They offered a cost(400 TL - 225 USD) of which I cannot even earn if I tried to sell the BB.

I have been using this BB for 1.5 years and no one can expect for it to be brand new...

When I asked whether or not they could prove that the speaker was broken because of me - they said "no we cannot but we also cannot take your word for it when you say that the scratch happened long time ago" - you may check the phone record taken in 29.11.2011 @ 11:40 am - in short they are using the scratch as an excuse. And they told me that this was your policy.

As I continued on my complaint all of a sudden they told me that they actually could repair my phone for a certain amount of charge - what a coincidence that this new practice just started a day after I told that I would not be willing to pay anything...

I also made a research about what would it cost me to repair the BB somewhere else - it was only 20 TL (11 USD) Smiley Happy and all 4 of these service providers told me that this breakdown cannot possibly result from user's fault (seeing the tiny scratch) - and I have their technical analysis reports regarding this info.

Oh - and it is also funny - the scratch on the corner is right on top of the silence button(right upper corner of BB)  - and that button is working just fine!

I also had to wait for 5 days for my broken BB to be sent back to me - it was lost during the cargo process and again suddenly when I asked where my phone was it was found... Smiley Happy

What I cannot understand is - how they/you can treat a customer as both a liar and as a sucker who had paid a serious amount of money for BB when compared to other phones.

You probably will be blaming Teleservice for all this - but please - if you are letting a company to do the after sale service for your product then you are totally willing to take full responsibility of each and every single action of theirs.

I will be trying different ways of asking for what is my right - complaint web sites - newspapers - consumer rights courts - the force of the holding that I am working for...

But on top of it all - I am extremely disappointed in your understanding of customer satisfaction...

What a shame.

Regards,

Ebru GURAN

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BB 9700 - SPEAKER PROBLEM

Trust me, it has nothing to do with anything you did. I'm on my second 9700. I am in the second one because of this same problem with the first, and now the second one is doing the same thing. I have a feeling the speaker is glued in, and over time the glue breaks, either that or the speaker is just junk.