Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB 9700 bold displays wrong name

a few of our Blackberry's have problems with incoming calls. I don't know how to solve this problem.

When we receive an incoming call from f.e. John it appears to be Peter. The name changes to Peter when you take the call. So you think its John but it is Peter. The curious thing is that Peter is (most of the time) the last one in my log (he called me or I called him). So it appears that the Blackberry shows the last name in stead of the correct incoming name. We are using Outlook 2007 for our contacts.

Does someone recognize this problem and has a solution? thanks very much for your help.

greeting Jeroen

the Netherlands

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB 9700 bold displays wrong name

Hello everyone,

Yes I have this problem as well and it's very annoying !!!! it shows one person for the incoming call but when you pick up the call is someone else...

Unfortunately I call the provider and they haven't hear about this problem before... or at leas is what they said...

I try to update the software and reset the contacts but nothing worked...

any Ideas?

Thanks,

Pablo Barrios

Vancouver, Canada.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMo

Re: BB 9700 bold displays wrong name

Same problem here.  I have actually not taken calls I should have because it showed the incoming was from someone I didn't want to speak with right then.  V annoying. 

I suspect it has nothing to do with the contact manager synced with, but fyi I sync mine with Lotus Notes.