Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8800

BB 9700 is possessed - Starts up "Now Playing..." on its own

I have a Bold 9700 (v5.0.0.405).  I've got a couple of songs in the music folder that are stored in device memory.  Now and then, the phone will start to play the songs.  The phone could be in the holster or not, but never being used (or held for that matter).  

It's starting to drive me crazy.  I close the app with the "close" command on the menu every time it happens, so it's not me leaving it open and accidentally hitting the play key.  Any ideas are welcome (before I am committed to the loony bin, preferably!)

Thx

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB 9700 is possessed - Starts up "Now Playing..." on its own

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I would first try a battery pull to reset the device.

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks for the welcome (I've actually been around for a while off and on....) I appreciate the suggestion, but I've already done that - didn't help. Anything else anyone can think of?
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

YES!! mine too.. I just got mine from LETSTALK.com on Monday 12,2010 .. And today it froze on a bluish white screen and it took me twice to reboot! Do we have lemons? Let us know someone!! 

Highlighted
Contributor

It doesn't sound like we have the same problem at all - mine isn't freezing, just playing music on its own.  

Yesterday, it happened about 5 different times during the day.  MOST annoying.  Wish someone could tell me what the issue is!