Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: 0000000000

BB 9700

Hi all

i have a BB 9700 and would like to know how i can connected to my car(GLK mercedes) then i can answer and making calls as i have tried and keep telling me no device was found but i tried my friends phone Galaxy)and worked right away.

Thanks in advance

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: BB 9700

Hello massery

First of course, make sure you are in the car and that your phone has established it's connection with your car's built in bluetooth device. Then, (speaking from a mercedes point of view, go to phone, add business cards options......this step might not be necessary but I did it anyways. Then, you will notice that when you go into bluetooth options on your phone, it de-activates the bluetooth connection .... not to fear....... here's what you do next.

ON THE DEVICE: 9700

• Go to Options
  • Click on Networks and Connections
  • Click on Bluetooth Connections
  • You will see Bluetooth...."on"
  • Discoverable "Yes"
  • Under the Paired Devices Heading you will see the devices that are paird. In my particlar case, it was MB Bluetooth (Mercedes Benz Bluetooth)
  • Highlight the device and click trackpad.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Thank you so much i will try it and let you know the reason i asked i heard backberry dose not work with mercedes for some reason but will find out soon

New Contributor

I have tried it and the MB is showing on my BB and BB9700 is showing on MB but when I try to authorize it asks me for a passcode from numbers only (0-9) which I don't know about. What I should do?

Thanks

New Contributor

also forgot to mention after i created a passcode in MB and then enter it in BB and was accepted and got a message saying i am connected with MB but i keep getting the message from MB saying authorization procedures un successful