Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone essar india

BB 9780 is rebooting again & again

[ Edited ]

i was downloading blackberry protect in my Bold 9780 from app world and suddenly the device started rebooting by itself again & again....while rebooting the process of reboot reches upto 60% or 70% than it againg start the reboot process.....so it would kind enough if anybody can help me with this problem as soon as possible....& i also dont have backup so please help with this problem

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB 9780 is rebooting again & again

Remove your battery and plug your phone in to your PC. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software and wait for your phone to connect, all while your battery is out. If your phone connects, you should be prompted to reload your OS. If you're able to get this far and your phone starts loading the OS, you can then replace the battery while the OS is loading.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

when i connect to my pc the dailoug box opens and there are three options "retry", "update", "cancel"

than when i click on update it asks for "repair", "cancel" and than when i click on "repair" it checks for software update and than at last it say that no software update is available and we'll notify when update is available...

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Try Retry instead.  If nothing happens the first time you click that, shut down BlackBerry Desktop Software and plug in again and try it again.  I've had to unplug and plug back in three times before anything would work properly.

If after trying Retry 3-4 times nothing happens, unplug your phone, replace the battery and try booting just normally while not plugged in to your PC.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

its not working niether.....

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: aircel

i have the same prblm ryt nw .. wht should i do ??

it jst dng nuthng ..it goes to update then it says no updates r available ??

reply as soon as u can ??

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: celcom

Slso hv the same problem.....try the solution above but nothing happen
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

try this
when it prompts you to put an email address in and it will tell you when an update is available, enter an email address
then hit enter
it MAY then offer you a number of DOWNGRADED OS updates
if it does, then select one of them and upload it to your device
you can always upgrade later
if it doesnt then try plugging in the phone to the pc again and see if that brings up the downgraded options
you may need to hit REPAIR a few times before this works
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

Download JL_Cmder v1.9.0.  This will erase your phone info.  (It'll take a few mins to do this)  Once done, start your Blackberry desktop software and you can do a clean reinstall either OS 7 or 7.1.

Please let me know if this helps...

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: celcom

Where can i download that.....it will clear all???like formatting my BB?Is that what u mean?