Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: BSNL

BB 9790 Heating problem and battery problem

[ Edited ]

I purchased Blackberry 9790 in January. SInce the time of purchase the battery has been the worst. As said in the features tab of the model in blackberry site, it says 17 days standby minimum and 5.2 hours talk time but none true. 

The Battery dont even last for a day. I Have discussed about  it with other blackberry customers, they also have given the same feed back. Even discussed about it with the dealer, even he replied the same. He says that there is many complaint about the same problem. 

Also the phone gets too hot when using any app or on charging.

So, now i am planning to file a legal suit in the consumer court against blackberry for giving misleading information in the website and cheating the customers.

Shakti Bothra, India 

<removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB 9790 Heating problem and battery problem

[ Edited ]

Whoa.......hold off on that legal action for a moment.

When a tech company gives statistics about battery life, talk time, standby time, etc., those stats are under ideal conditions.  By "ideal conditions", I mean conditions you or I will never be able to duplicate.  Technicians will test the phone in an area with absolutely NO interference whatsoever (something you can't duplicate) in an area with favorable atmospheric conditions (again, good luck with that) with absolutely the bare bones operating on the phone (you probably have an app or ten running).  What makes it legal for them to publicize these claims is that EVERY tech company uses these methods so it makes for uniform comparison.  It's like when car companies publish data about how far their cars will go on a single gallon (or litre) of fuel; you can bet there's a strong tailwind behind the car, it's going slightly downhill most of the way, etc.

You won't get very far with any legal action.  Take the claims made by BlackBerry and compare them to other phone companies and base your decisions on that.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.