Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Virgin

BB 9800 TORCH Unable to Connect to JVM in Loader - Boot Looping

Hello Everyone,

Smiley Mad arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  "needed to get it out"

Can anyone help with my problem im having with my BB 9800 Torch? Pls

1. Doesnt Turn On (I Get red light for approx 1 min with charged plugged in ONLY / then changes to charging sign on screen.

2. If chargers unplugged nothing happens no lights nothing (tried all battery pull far from this now)

3. Install all the software needed to do a full re-install BBSAK + JL_Cmder + Loader "to no avail"

4. When using the above said software i get an error on the COMPUTER saying "Cannot connect to JVM" Click either retry or cancel. the phone then seems to be going into a LOOP again, the windows device notification sounds every so many seconds.

Phone also never changes from a black screen with battery sign with lighting strike through it!

Prior to the above the phone was fine, does anyone know what this could be as it seems that most other threads and posts about JVM Errors seem to have a specific code and this one doesn't. I have also come accross others with my issue and no-one seems to know.

Kind Regards

Craig

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB 9800 TORCH Unable to Connect to JVM in Loader - Boot Looping

Hello ukmgdrool,

Sounds like your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone is restarting and losing connection with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software during the BlackBerry® Device Software reload.

You may want to try reloading the BlackBerry Device Software without the battery inserted in your BlackBerry smartphone. After clicking "Install Update" or "Finish" and the reload starts, reinsert the battery only once it has reached the "Connecting to JVM" stage.

For more detail, please see: How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Please note: This process will remove all data from your BlackBerry smartphone.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: orange

i am having the exact same problem with my 8520 , have you resolved the problem . i have tried the force detection it didnt work :/

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Telkomsel

have a same problem,, additional LED Blinking BLUE...