02-26-2013 06:34 AM
I have 4 BB 9800 phones in the family and 3 downloded "CFA fire ready V2" no problems.
The fourth one will download V2, do the install routine reboot the phone and it still runs V1 and reports there is an undate in App World.
Is there something turned off in the background might prevent V2 installing or running ?
02-26-2013 10:28 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:
1. Open App World
2. Go to My World
3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:
3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T
3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (
3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:
4. AppWorld should close.
5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot
6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).
If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.
Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!
02-27-2013 07:11 AM
I Tryed that, and still the same.
You were right alittle sluggish after the cache clearence, but then Okay.
Uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and installed as V1 again after trying the previous.
thanks for offereing a something to try, but still V1
02-27-2013 09:19 AM
Please try this sequence:
1) Remove AppWorld from your BB
2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.
3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld
4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot
5) See if it now works.