Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Re: BB 9800 Torch battery life problems - 7hrs max

task manager no longer available at crackberry

Contributor

Try A+ Reset- you can schedule it to reset overnight or during charge time. Worked great for me with 9700 as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Smart - INFINITY

before making a very insightful reply that I have to try your so called remedies or fix...guage the person you are responding to...I know that you posted a fix...I DID WHAT WAS SAID ON THIS FORUMS BLOGS TO REMEDY my issues...DIDNT WORK...so you tell me...that its normal for my phone to heat up just by merely using the FACEBOOK and GRINDR app...you said it yourself SIR that you are from a different provider...I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS...

Contributor

I had a version of facebook that locked up my phone. I deleted and went back original download from facebook.com and that worked, I was reluctant to update again but finally gave into the prompts, and have been good since. I have a Torch now, and Aplus reset does not work, had to try Quickpull. If u use OTA, maybe there was a glich. Delete problem apps and reload them.
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

" I have a Torch now, and Aplus reset does not work, had to try Quickpull."

Just in case you didn't know, you don't need an app to do a reset.  ALT-SHIFT-DEL all pushed at the same time will mimic a battery pull on any Blackberry

Contributor

ya, i got that but you could have it reset while u sleep or just before you wake. it also clears some flash memory in the process.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell

This may not apply to your situation; however, the most recent update to OS 6 has caused a real drain

to my torch. I am unable to get 7 hours... way less with all of the power saving suggestions given. How/where do I get the old OS 6 to reinstall. This has really tainted my faith in the BB.

Contributor

I too had severe battery drain. I watched the cpu usage and had apps not used but running. Apps used gps, and radio apps slacker, pandora, running but not used. Delete. Turned backlight down and timeout after 30 seconds. I also use pattern lock to lock phone with lock button, shuts phone down instantly when u push lock button or times out and locks phone. Now I come home from work with 75% and no mid-day charge. Pretty ahppy now. Oh, phone came with .534 OS. Did not transfer old apps from 9700 but started over with compatable apps.
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the detail. I deleted a number of unused, or less frequently used apps and the results were immediate. I have over a half days use and the indicator is @ 90%

I will keep an eye on future app installations vs.. power consumption.

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Make sure that when you exit any app you press the BB key and select close. Just using the red phone key does not close the app being used. They will stay open in the background and suck your battery dry.
Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".