Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

BB 9800 windows installer asking for blackberry9800.msi

When I plug in my BB to sync I get the WIndows Installer saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a networkresource that is unavailable - Click OK or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'blackberry9800.msi" " In the box below I am getting

C:\DOCUME~1\XXX\LOCALS~1\Temp\{F4667435-........... \blackberry9800.msi CLICK OK

And get the "Path C:\DOCUME~1\XXXX\LOCALS~1\Temp\{F4667435..........blackberry9800.msi  cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package "blackberry 9800.msi" in a folder from which you can install the product blackberry software V6.0.0 for the blackberry 9800 smartphone ..".

Can not seem to get out of windows installer and can not sync/backup phone ..

Any suggestions?Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB 9800 windows installer asking for blackberry9800.msi

Hi reatech,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Please try downloading the BlackBerry® Device Software for your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone on your computer and following the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue with the installer message you are receiving when opening the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. ""The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" appears when attempting to open BlackBerry Desktop Software or install BlackBerry Device Software" http://bbry.lv/RLMRsf

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!