Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-07-2011 08:09 AM
Does anyone know a way of getting my BB 9900 to accept Japanese as an input language? I have a list on the phone already but not Japanese. I have previously managed to download something on an old BB 8900 - that worked fine - but not managed with the BB 9900. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
12-12-2011 01:57 AM
Hi all, i need help in this as well. With my old curve, i managed to use the DM to install japanese input to the BB. But with my new 9900, the new DM is different and does not have any option for language input. Any help here will be much appreciated.
12-16-2011 03:23 AM
After many trials, I managed to install Japanese language on my France-bought Blackberry 9900 as follows:
1) Go to the RIM download site:
2) Select the SK Telecom site in Asia/Pacific region
3) Select downloads for the 9900
4) Download the following Asia language file:
BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.522 (Asia)
The complete filename is:
5) Once download is complete, double-click the file on your computer, and follow the installation process.
6) Once installation is completed, go to the RIM folder on your computer, and delete the Vendor.xml file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml
7) Then proceed to installation with the short-version uploader:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
8) You should see Japanese in the input options. Click the desired options and follow the complete installation procedure (about 30 minutes).
This version of the SKTelecom software seems to be a bit older, but it works! You will be prompted regularly to update to a newer version of the Device Software, but normally it will eliminate your Japanese input option, so just stick with it!
01-14-2012 06:37 AM
I discovered that if you connect it to BB Desktop Software, and click Applications, Japanese is listed under "East Asian Language and Input Support", at least on Taiwan Mobile (where it's not initially available).
06-05-2012 10:50 PM
Thanks for the post. I have a question:
1) When I access to SK Telocom by following your link, it only has Korean languange and I have a problem as I don't understand it. Is that what you have done too, or do you have any idea if this has English site?
2) Do I need to have Blackberry desktop manager installed in my PC first? I see your blackberry devise is connected with cable so am guessing it is connected with computer. Hence the question.
Many thanks in advance. Much appreciated!
06-06-2012 01:31 AM
1) Yes, the SKTelecom site is in Korean (I can't read Korean either), but the questionnaire page to access the downloads is exactly the same as the questionnaire page on the other download sites in English. Just go to a download site in English, note where to check "Yes" or "No", and just fill in the Korean questionnaire accordingly.
2) Yes, you absolutely need to have the Blackberry desktop manager installed.
07-01-2012 05:14 PM
GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!!
Instead of SK TELECOM (which was in Korean), you can now download the All Language file (including Japanese input and Chinese input), from DOCOMO (Japan), in the English language. Just select DOCOMO (Japan) on the RIM download site:
08-24-2012 12:04 AM
Hi I'm in Toronto Canada and was really happy a month ago when the latest update gave me Japanese as a choice in language input, even has Japanese mode for all displays and commands.BUT when I type out a Japanese email and send it, altho' it looks fine on the phone as a sent message the recepient sees mojibake, just a bunch of ????
I know in PC mail, this happens with improper character encoding...for Thunderbird I use ISO Jpns font. Now on the 9900, there are two Japanese fonts, BB Japanese and BB Japanese gothic. I chose these in my email, but again, after sending, the recipient sees mojibake...
Any thoughts? thanks