Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 - RDY71UW
My Carrier: HUNGARY

BB 9900 doesn't finish loading :(

Please help. My phone doesn't finish loading. It got stuck up until I think 80%. It stays there forever. I had the phone serviced already before. I think what they did was to reformat it. But after a week, it';s back again - it gets stuck loading.

HELP!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB 9900 doesn't finish loading :(

Hello jpcuminga

Welcome to Support Forums

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince - I remember I updated my FB and twitter softwares and I DL'd a flashlight app. That's all I could remember. This was the second time it happened though so I'm not sure if it's related with the first. Thanks for your reply!

New Contributor

Hi again Prince, I tried using the safe mode, but it wouldn't work as well. It will load and just when it approaches end of loading it turns off and will reload again for the second time. And then it will get stuck again.
Elite II

Hi jpcuminga

It may take multiple attempts to boot our device on Safe mode , if it works out then do as suggested .

However if you're unable to start your device on safe mode , then only option left is to reload your device OS, But as your device is on reboot loop , it won't allow you to reload in simple manner .So you have to force the detection to load the device OS , for help refer to this KB :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi Prince - I'm hopeless. While I thought I was almost finished updating the software, it wouldn't reboot again when the time to reboot came - as part of the process. It would just keep on loading, then after I think 75% it would turn off and re-load again. It just wouldn't open Smiley Sad

Elite II

Sounds like a hardware issue !

OK , now if you connect your device using USB cable is your device being detected or recognized ?

If it does then you should try some third party software like BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/  , to completely wipe your device and load the OS back . Instruction are within , so go through it and let us know. Or you should the same method again .

New Contributor

Device was wiped out already. How do I load OS back? When I clicked load OS from BBSAK, it doesn't show options which OS i can load - apparently, I don't have any OS installed in my PC 

Elite II

Have you used BBSAK to wipe the device ? 

then next steps will be :

1.Locate your Carrier Or Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

From here you have two options , you can use BBASK to load the OS

Or : 

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue , So try it and let us know.

New Contributor

I have a new problem. Phone loads until 2/3s then it will go blank - just all white. Smiley Sad