Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Luxgsm

BB 9900 japanese language input problems

My platform is MAC OS and I live in Luxembourg. My carrier is Luxgsm.

I am trying to download the East Asian Language pack so that I may be able to write in Japanese.

I already downloaded the desktop for mac. I cannot find the language pack which can be downloaded in a Mac and consequently I cannot use Japanese on the the BB.

Are there any solutions for this ?

I went through the forums even on those of crackberry but I did not find a convicing answer

BB is getting way too complicated. No wonder it 's losing pace

thank you

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB 9900 japanese language input problems

Hello gsam2149,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Language package availability for your BlackBerry smartphone is determined by your wireless service provider.

For more information regarding this, see the following article:

How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13067

Thank you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Luxgsm

Re: BB 9900 japanese language input problems

Dear FozziBear,
Thank you but your solution has already been explored and it does not work. The language availabilty in fact depends on the provider and in my case it appears that Luxgsm did not think that Japanese would be essential in Luxembourg. Tried to go to a different carrier like DOCOMO Japan but this and other providers only give out the package in .exe format, not compatible with Mac OS.
Thanks anyway maybe one day I'll find a solution or maybe my company will dump bb altogether