Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

BB 9900 reception problems

BB 9900 network coverage problems

Recently upgraded from the 9780, now have the 9900!!

Whether in the office or at home, the network coverage on this BB 9900 just disappears !! The top right corner displays SOS, yet when it is I turn it off and back on again, the coverage returns. The network coverage also returns if it is plugged into the laptop via USB cable...

Is there any common repair for this or is this a phone problem ????

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: BB 9900 reception problems

I have noticed similar problems. My old Curve 9300 locked right in and had great reception, but this new BB Bold 9900 has far less reception. I am disappointed, but expect it to be fixed in future OS updates. Never had a call dropped on my curve, but in one week on the 9900 I have had half a dozen calls dropped. Smiley Sad

New Contributor

yeah, sounds like similar problem...... vodafone told me that two mast were down in my area, and that this could well be the problem.... sounds like its to good to be trues really..... lets see if anyone else hase similar probs!!!

not good at all...!

My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hey guys,

We are testing 4 x BB9900 and we are experiencing similar issues regarding the connectivity.

It would drop out for no reasons for 30 minutes at a time and the only way to get it back connected is to refresh the connection in connection settings.

Additionally, we have calls that drops off and signal suddenly goes to none.

On the rest, we experience screen freezing at times and other silly functionality problems like the Email scrolling with the spacebar. it seems to scroll down a little too much, which means you would miss one or two emails each time you scroll in that way.

The touch pad mouse isn't great and if you happen to touch the screen at the same time, it can make the whole thing shaking up & down.

It's a great looking device, but such a disappointment with these issues.....my bold 9000 is more reliable.

My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I think this is a major problem that needs to be addressed !

I have had BlackBerry since day one and I do realize that with every new model there are going to minor issues, but I am also having a lot of dropped calls even when both parties are not even moving and starting off in the call with 5 bars   

This really is frustrating to me and also when I am downloading something the signal will go from 5 bars to no signal at all for some time.......  then suddenly come back to 5 bars again ????     This is while I am in a good location outside and not even moving !

Someone please give me the miracle answer on this one ?

I love my BlackBerry but     Aaarggggggggg !

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: O2

Having the same problems and O2 say that its "network congestion". What a load of tosh!!

I have full 3G signal in my apartment yet I can't access internet and my wife can't hear me on when I call her. I can't get a signal in work anymore either.

I have noticed that when I have a 3G signal in work with 4 bars I can't make a call at all but when that changes to 1 bar of GPRS then I can make calls...just!

My previous phone was the last Bold and that was fantastic......RIM sort it out!!!

New Contributor

I upgraded my operating system to 7.0.0.353, and my connection problems are no longer a problem. Haven't had a single dropped call since the upgrade. And I now have full bars at home where I used to only have 2 or 3 bars. The problem is now fixed for me. The new OS fixed multiple other issues as well, no more freezes and it increased battery life by about 40 percent as well. Plus the unit is also way faster. That's the solution guys.

Cheers. My BB Bold 9900 is now awesome Smiley Wink
New Contributor

sounds promising,  but how do i get this update ? i have linked BB to computer and it says mine is already up-to-date with latest version 7.0.0.296...!!

what to do ?

cheers

New Contributor

Go to the forums at crackberry.com and choose the 9900 support forum. Once there you will see the top thread in the forum contains the link for the new OS. It is not available in north america yet, but it is an official RIM release. You will be happy after installing that.

Cheers.
New Contributor

managed to get it down loaded "not the chinese version", and without paying. took some time though!! will give it a day or two to say how is goes, fingers crossed!!