Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold and playbook
My Carrier: ATT

BB 9900 will not back up with desk top software

I just got the new z10.  i am trying to back up my bold 9900 and it just freezes mid way through.  i also tried backing up to my media card through device switch and it freezes at 7% everytime at the social feeds.  I have tried clearing the cache, cookies, etc. but it still freezes.  any suggestions on how to get my info off of my old phone to new one?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 9900 will not back up with desk top software

Hello,

Not knowing what computer platform you are using, I refer you to these:

• KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB29571 Unable to backup the Social Feeds database using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

For full transition instructions, please see the relevant threads in the BB10 section of this site:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Bold and playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Thank  you, I was able to back up onto my computer doing the custom back up.  Now do you know how to get that back up information onto my new z10?  It keeps wanting me to plug in my old phone and it just keeps freezing up again when i try to do a device switch.  The only things I really need on my new phone is my contacts and calander events.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As I said, please refer to the BB10 sections of this site for full transition instructions...there are many many threads (including several helpful "sticky" threads at the top of various boards) covering exactly the process you are attempting. It will be so much faster for you to read and use those, then you can at least progress to the point of either success or specific questions about some portion of the process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If all else has failed for you, try this application installed on both devices.

I have several friends who've used this with success.

IntouchApp Contacts - Backup + Sync + Auto-update

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code