Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

BB 9900 works with only one SIM card

I have a peculiar problem, my BB 9900 works with only one SIM card and doesn't work with any other SIMs. I have tried all different service provider and even got my SIM changed twice thinking there could be some problem with it but nothing seems to work. It keeps on showing "Insert SIM Card". I went to the BB Store and when they checked it out with their SIM cards, it was working. They told me that I am using a 64k SIM card which could be the problem and the SIM cards that they tried it out with are all 32k SIMs. So, I would like to know if anyone else ever faced this kind of an issue. I know that 32k and 64k are nothing but the capacity of the SIMs. Will changing my SIM card back to a 32k SIM help? Because of this problem, I have started using my old BB Curve 8520 and my present SIM works perfectly there. The moment I put it in the BB 9900, it says "Insert SIM Card." Looking forward to your suggestions and views.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BB 9900 works with only one SIM card

Hi Gautam103

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

It is recommended that you use a SIM card that is compatible with the 9900
Total SIM card not only that you will keep more contacts.

If you want to return to your 8520 decision is yours, but the improvements fijate have a 9900 and its capabilities and specifications.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution