Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

BB APP WORLD WONT WORK

PLEASE HELP!!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled BB APP WORLD tons of times and here is the problem. I made my BB ID and password and yes it matches my PayPal account and when i go to download an app this is what happens.

1. Click on the app i want or i go to my world

2. i put in my email and password

3. clicked log in and it tells me authenticating

4. it then says do i accept the SAMPLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

5. i clicked i accept

6. it takes me to the account information every time!!

This is the problem I get to the account settings and it wont let me do anything my only options r to edit my account settings and when i make sure everything is correct i click save changes and it says updating and then stays on account settings and if i click out of it i have to go through steps 1-6 again!! i cant download anything! I dont know whats wrong! has anyone else had this problem!!!?? i just wanna download my apps! pleas help. :-(

-Robin

Contributor

Re: BB APP WORLD WONT WORK

OH YEAH I HAVE EVEN TRIED DOING IT FROM THE COMPUTER

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

OK I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT, I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. GO TO SETTINGS , THEN OPTIONS, THEN ADVANCED OPTIONS,APPLICATIONS (a list of all your apps on your phone will pop up) scroll down to blackberry app world 2.0.0.36 then push the blackberry button on your phone and go to edit permission, change everything to allow and save it. now go back to your blackberry world app sign in and see if it works.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Excellent, glad you got it resolved and thanks for posting the resolution you used.  That should help a lot of other users!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Ok, I just did exactly what you said and it still wont work. It's doing the same thing :-(

New Contributor

did you try to download an app?

Contributor

yes and I tried to even go into my world

New Contributor

it still asked for the password and when you put it in does it go to the account screen.

Contributor

its still making to do the steps i listed above. it always goes to the accounts setting screen and nothing more. 

New Contributor

i dont know what could be wrong then, i just try it on my phone and it still had me sign in but it went straight to downloading.