Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms
Accepted Solution

BB App World icon problem

Hi guys in my BB curve 8520 there is appworld icon but i cant open it...What do i need to install? when i press it it anly says "the data service is not operational. What could be the problem? thanks guys

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: BB App World icon problem

I am not sure I get what you are trying to say? Do you have app world installed on your BB? If so the icon you are talking of what does it look like? Is it a notification for a new app or an upgrade? Have you used appworld before? The data service error message means you either are in an area where there is not data support 3G/GPRS/EDGE which is mobile internet connection or you do not have a BIS plan which you need to pay your carrier or check with them if its included as part of the contract. Hope this helps, your question was rather vague, if you can explain further we can assist.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

HI, Thank you very much for your response, this is my first time to use BB, I am ab iphone user before. Ived notice in my BB curve there is an Blackberyy app world icon, i notice it when i got my BB I.D, after i connected my device to my PC. I dont know what to do? i just want to have facebook app to my BB. Smiley Happy Maybe i will just follow your advice to have a data plan. Thank a lot Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Yes you need BIS to enjoy fully the BB stuff.