Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB App World

i m having a problem running the BB app World. i have reinitialised OS many times. besides OS all other softwares that were installed throough BB App World.

Problem is the no matter how many fresh installs i go for.. the BB App World logo just becomes inactive after some time & it just there like a dummy logo..

Anybody Pls. help me on same.. though i have stayed without App World.. but whenever i need to install a new app.. i visit through desktop soon after log in there is a pop up saying BB App Widget missing.. download it.. after downloading & a couple of boots.. m back to square one.. ( i have found no other option hence best option is i have opted to keep of from BB App World loaded on the handset.. ) .. But somehow i want to get to the problem

I have foll. apps.

BBOS6, BBM, BB protect, True Caller, Yahoo Messanger, Blue S Convertor, Dictonary & Docs 2 Go..    Thanks

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB App World

Hi MD74

If you having having issues with the recent BlackBerry World  then please note If you device OS is prior to 6.0.0.706 then try Updating your device software or Simply Download BlackBerry World version 4.0.0.55 which is the best workaround now available for BlackBerry  World also uninstall BlackBerry world from Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry  World , then perform another Battery pull restart .

Finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to to click here  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . In addition check this Knowledge Base for further help :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.