Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB App World

But does that (Desktop sync) really solve the problem? are you still unable to use blackberry app world on the phoen to download anything?

New Contributor
My Carrier: verizon

I have never seen a "my world section"  I assume you are referring to the PC?  I am running Microsoft XP and using the BB desktop manager.

Charles S Freshour
Highlighted
Contributor

danolie- You are correct..it does not solve the problem. Should have stated that this was a work around for that particular issue. This was the case for me with one app that I liked.

New Contributor

Here's a link to my detailed post about this issue. It has TONS of views, so this appears to be somethign lots of folks are dealing with. Hopefully someone can post a fix soon: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour-Smartphone/Blackberry-App-World-quot-applicat... 

Contributor

Sorry sfreshour, This is not part of the desktop manager program. Google "BB app world for PC" and you will see this is a separate app for your pc. You should be able to download it to your pc.