Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

BB BOLD - PROBLEMS

I sooo wanted to love this thing but I have experienced aggravting problems with this potentially useful and cool device. If anyone can assist I would be very grateful:

1. Video playback from the internet doesn't work. Downloads it all and then tells me there is a problem and cannot play it. Rumours have it that Orange had stopped supplying the Bold in the UK due to the unhappiness with the device and fixes are expected to take weeks...
  2. Wi-fi connectivity is random and tends not to work more often than it does. Turning off the mobile connection used to work but Wi-Fi now seems to have stopped altogether, even though every other device in my house connects without a problem - including a Wii.
  3. 3G although available at home is dropped in favour of GPRS by the Bold - inexplicably?(It is not my settings)
  4. GPS often cannot find a satellite, when anything else can.
  5. The ghost messages received icon. It nearly always tells me there is one unread message, when there isn't one. Soft reboot to clear device is temp fix, but this is crap.
  6. Battery Life: I have yet to be able to leave my Bold on for longer than a single day and could not go to sleep without leaving it to charge every night. This is very poor.
  7. The quality of the camera is very poor. Strange colouration, bad lense distortion, low quality pix, very dissapointing.
  8. I have to soft boot it three times a week to get away from the "insufficient memory to run the voice recognition please delete files from the device" message. Very poor.
  9. Using the speakerphone (same on earlier BB's too) will not allow a decent duplex voice conversation, presumably due to the lack of insulation between speaker and microphone.

I almost wish I had taken the N96 but I cannot make this comparison scientifically!

Any advice or news gratefully received

McDeadcat

McDeadcat
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB BOLD - PROBLEMS

I have almost all the same issues, but now in addition screen went white, I had to take battery out, it rebooted but almost all applications and screen saver missing. Shut it down, tried to turn on and it froze again. Repeated same procedure but phone showed no power, no life.

6 hours later I took battery out and reinserted again, and amazingly it started up and everything seemed fine, for an hour and I am back to no power, no lights, nothing.