Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Bold 9000 Device Password

I just got a preowned BB-Bold 9000, I do have a SIM card and the Password to unlog the device to use it. It locks after 2 min no activity by it self. Wanted to disable the Password (Options - Password) but there is only the highlighted "Enable" option and a small red padlock byside it. The same with "security time out", "Promt on Appl. Install" and "Lock Handheld upon Holst." What do I have to do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Bold 9000 Device Password

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

First, check Encryption and/or Content Protection...if they are active, turn them off.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry, but it didn't work.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm..."didn't work"...as in you could not find those settings? You could not change those settings? They were already set as I advised? You changed them but the blocked items remained blocked? From your latest post, I cannot at all tell what you've tried and what happened.

If you were able to set those settings to what I advised (or if they already were), then that is unfortunate as the only other cause of what you describe that I know of is a latent IT Policy that the prior owner neglected to wipe off. If you have an IT Policy, it could be stopping the functions you seek. You can use this procedure to eliminate it:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi there,

I found the settings and had them set as you advised but the the blocked items remained blocked. But you were right there is an IT Policy. I will follow your advise with the Device-Software/Remove website. Can't promise that I do it tonight anymore. I let you know the result as soon I tried it.

Thank's so much