Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Smartphone - Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Bold 9700 Enterprise Activation

Can anyone tell me how to get the option to activate the Enterprise Service on my BB9700 ?

My company has the Enterprise Server App installed and working for most of there employees.  My issue is that on my particular BB, if I go into Options/Advanced Options there is no menu item for activating the Enterprise app.

Do you know if there is a  download or something I need from my service providers (AT&T) to allow me to see/have this option on my phone?

Thanks in advance!

Eric Sandin

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Bold 9700 Enterprise Activation

Check your setup folder, or email setup.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Try using the following steps (copied from the Bold 9700 Quick Start guide):

1. On the Home screen or in the Setup folder, click the Setup Wizard icon.

2. On the email setup screen, select one of the following options:

• I want to create or add an email address: This email setup option is most common for individual users. Use this option to associate your BlackBerry® device with one or more (up to ten) existing email addresses (for example, a Google Mail™ or Windows Live™ Hotmail® email account) or to create a new email address for your device. To use a social networking application on your device, you must use this option to associate your device with the email address that you use to receive social networking notifications. If this option does not appear, contact your wireless service provider.

• I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server: This email setup option is most common for corporate users. Use this option to associate your device with a work email account using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server if your administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password.

3. Click Next.

4. Complete the instructions on the screen.

(Note: these instructions are copied from the Bold 9700 Quick Start Guide)

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Also...see this KB, cause 5. If the carrier account is not set to allow BES, then the menu selection will not be there at all (in Options).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Smartphone - Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your replies:

J Sander: 

Thank you for the reply, however, on my BOLD the set up and email set up setting only allow me to set up non BES e-mail accounts.  The proper location is under Settings/Options/Advanced Options/Enterprise activation. I know this b/c I did see it there and tried to activate BES but if failed. My corp. IT dept suggested I remove my battery and 're boot' to try again but now the BES menu item is gone.  Weird.

Krypto:

Thank you for the reply, however, I have followed those instruction but there is no "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server:" option so I can not move forward to NEXT.

Thank you for the reply, I think this KB is the most helpful.  It may be that the version is NOT provisioned properly.

But you are correct that if it was there before maybe reloading the OS is the answer. I plan on going to ATT and sitting on someones desk until I get and answer.

Thank you ALL again for the replies!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, if it was there before and now it's gone AND if you are 100% positive that your account with your carrier is correct, THEN you should probably consider reloading your device OS from scratch so as to truly start anew.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Or even just try restoring the phone to factory condition via a Security Wipe.  That would probably work as well.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Hall of Famer III

Krypto wrote:

Or even just try restoring the phone to factory condition via a Security Wipe.  That would probably work as well.

True...unless the IT Policy got somehow botched up in the failed EA. In which case a /resettofactory would be another thing to try. See, so many experts, so many possibilities!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No you dont need to wipe just remove the battery and put it back again and make sure that the admin has sent u the activation mail and/or password before you do that once it opens it will start activating.

Visitor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: eng

hi Smiley Wink 

i have big problem i jest bay bb 9700 bold and when make email setup asking about email & password and i can't  make enterprice activation i don't know olso  from where get activation  please any bady can help me because i am very taird

Krypto wrote:

i make wipe befor but not differance