Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB Bold 9780 - Contacts 'Phone Numbers' field Customization

Hello People

I have a BB Bold 9780. I have been trying for sometime to find a solution to customize the 'Phone Numbers' field of 'Contacts'. The  'Phone Numbers' field has following sub fields- Mobile, Mobile 2, work, Work 2, Home, Home 2, Other, Work Fax, Home Fax and Pager. Is there someway I can customize them to my requirement?

Or

Is there an app or a software upgrade to help me customize these frozen fields to whatever I want?

Or

Is there anyway I can get in touch with Black Berry people and convey this issue to them directly?

Is there an escalation matrix for Black Berry Customer Service?

I've not been able to find answers to these question in the Black Berry website.

Machax
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BB Bold 9780 - Contacts 'Phone Numbers' field Customization

Hey mach,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Currently there is no supported way to customize the Contacts 'Phone numbers' fields.

Also to address your second question; for information on contacting RIM directly the support options can be found here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi hatchback

Thanks for the prompt response.

Is your reply the official BlackBerry position on this issue? Meaning, since you welcomed me to the BB Forum, are you from RIM? If so, then is there any solution being worked out  to customize the Contacts 'Phone numbers' fields?

I've browsed the link, which you had sent me. You will agree with me that it is not of any practical use - if I am looking for support and service of the free nature. After spending sometime on that link I had attempted (in all good faith) Twitter (Blackberry Help). That was a waste of time as nobody was taking the trouble to respond to the same query (for about two weeks!).

Then I got into this Forum and voila! You've replied. If you're BB, then it is a success of sorts for me! At last!

Your response does not tell me anything new. I mean I don't even know if you're from BB and whether anybody is interested in finding a solution to the issue raised!

Thanks anyway,

mach

Machax
Retired

Hey Mach,

Yes I am with RIM and thank you for your suggestion but currently this feature you are requestring is not available with BlackBerry by design.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your input as we are constantly working on improving our products. 

Free support may be available through your wireless service provider, contact them directly to inquire about the support options they provide. http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.jsp#tab_tab_overview

Thank you.

-HB

Contributor

Hi HB

Thanks for the response. I guess you guys must be overloaded, as you've taken a week to respond. But thats all right.

Nice to know that BB is working on it. Am sure you guys have a sharp design team on the job.

Free support available through the wireless service provider is restricted to the service he provides and does not cover issues concerning the handset.

I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts that there has been no response whatsoever in Twitter - BB Help. I would like to confirm, if that forum (Twitter) is for posting queries of this sort or is it only to recieve info from RIM/BB? I mean is there a two way communciation possibel in that forum?

My Twitter ID is MachaxHari.

mach

Machax
Retired

Hey mach,

If you have any questions regarding your BlackBerry you can reach me and my team on Twitter @BlackBerryHelp (you'll see our pictures on home page) make sure you are following us for direct message (DM) support or we can not reply to your questions.

I have check your handle MachaxHari and you are currently not following us, once you start following us we well get to your questions as soon as we can.

Hope this answers your question, thank you!

-HB

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi HB I was following Twitter @BlackBerryHelp for some time. Since I wanted to post my query and see if I could get a meaningful response. I waited for about a week (while re-posting my query at approximate intervals of 24 hours). In that week I received a lot of posts (from Twitter @BlackBerryHelp) about all kinds of information which was useless to me.

But no response to my repeated querying. My Queries were posted on  - 23, 24, 26 & 28 Oct 11. And also 25 Nov, - by which time I was feeling pretty silly about the whole thing. Like I was talking and there was nobody listening?

So that when I decided to 'Unfollow' Twitter @BlackBerryHelp. I just couldn't afford to get buried with all the BlackBerry info which was being pumped out by BB!

Machax