Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: All devices
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

BB Bold 9780 Error 507 and 561

I have a BB Bold 9780 with an older version of software on it (cannot confirm as device is white screened with error messages on it).

The device was showing Error 561, so I attempted a software update to fix fault.

The device has completed the install but cannot connect to the device to reboot - have retried 3 times and waited the half an hour each time only to get an error message on PC.

More than one PC tried, still showing fault.

Error 507 on the support pages suggests the device does not have OS on it, is there anyway to reload this without Desktop Manager?

Or any suggestions as to fixing this fault?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Bold 9780 Error 507 and 561

Hello voda60526 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Download and install your device software from your mobile network providers download site (click here).

Once this file has been installed, go to the Desktop Software and try the software reload once more.

If you still get the JVM 507 contact your mobile network provider for further investigation into this matter.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: BB Bold 9780 and curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Re: BB Bold 9780 Error 507

My BB has a White screen waht is saying Error 507 Reload software but I cant do anything not connect to pc or work on the phone please HELP

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Bold 9780 Error 507

@Schalk08, have a look at this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.