Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB Bold 9780 - Memory Problems

Hello,

I had an existing 9780 of which it had some dead pixels on the screen so I bought a used - excellent condition T-Mobile BB Bold 9780 to replace it.

Everything works well, the back up, the syncing, etc, it was a smooth transition.  There is just one problem, memory.  On my other Bold I never had errors that said "there is too much or too many applications running, I'm sorry we are closing this page".

I mainly notice the problem when using the Browser function, I just go to google and try to do a search, and when it loads the google page the phone freezes.  I try to hit the Blackberry Button to close the Browser however it won't let me.

Just now I tried to start a game and it says I have 10 applications running in the background, yet when I hit Switch Application it says there are only 7 applications.

Can someone help or suggest how I can optimize this phone's performance?

Thank you,

Patrick McClain

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Bold 9780 - Memory Problems

Hello patrick

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

On your Bold 9780 I assume you're having OS 6 , For your current issue you have to check and control your device memory , if your device suffer from low memory then those issue will appear . Install only those application which you need and use regularly .

patrickmcclain wrote:

Just now I tried to start a game and it says I have 10 applications running in the background, yet when I hit Switch Application it says there are only 7 applications.

When we press the hold the Menu key for a few second it will show application running in the background , generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) . But a few third party apps may appear on that list if installed , So please check those apps .

You can also refer to this KB for further help :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.