Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BB Bold 9780 keeps freezing, networks keep dropping, battery drains faster

Ever since I upgraded to the latest BBM, where the voice chat was installed, my phone keeps freezing and both the mobile network and wifi connection keeps failing. My phone is set to wifi preferred. I also find that my battery is draining faster since the update. I'm a BB fan, but this is very annoying. Is there a way that I can remove the voice chat? I'm not even using it, because it doesn't work properly, it"s worse than Skype when I'm talking to my sister back home. This could be due to the network connection in my home country. Is there a way I can go back to the previous version of BBM? Is it possible that the upgrade is causing my recent mobile woes? Please help! I had already called my network provider, but whatever they did didn't work. I'm about ready to throw the phone out the window! Help!! Smiley Frustrated

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BB Bold 9780 keeps freezing, networks keep dropping, battery drains faster

Hey SavvyBB

Welcome to the forums. 

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry® smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/oPVWXc

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621

Once completed test it and proceed with a selective restore, here is how to restore http://bbry.lv/qgQxLo

Let us know how you make out and if you are still have issues after doing the above. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thank you for your solution, Smooth Rider. It seems like it did work, although I'm not so sure. I already had the latest update, so when I clicked update, it didn't offer me the step to click on other versions. I went ahead and followed the steps on restoring (I had already backed up, as you had suggested), but as soon as I tried to go on Facebook, or BB App world (after everything was restored), I got that same message again that I needed to check my connections. However, after I disconnected from my networks and then reconnected, so far it seems to be working fine... I'm hoping it did solve the problem. If it starts acting up again, I'll be back, but in the meantime, thanks again for taking the time to help out! I really appreciate it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I clapped too soon... I'm still experiencing network problems. But it seems the freezing has lessened, and even if it freezes, it only takes like 2 seconds or so before it stops. As for the battery... I don't know, today it seems to be fine. Maybe I should contact my network provider again?