Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9790

BB Bold 9790 keeps rebooting

Dear BB fans,

Three weeks ago I got my BB 9790 and I am very happy! Only thing is, it keeps rebooting (about 3 times a week) . I have changed phones 3 times now (within 8 days I get a new phone) but I have the same problem each time. Probably a software thing? Are there any others that have the same problem and maybe a solution?

Thanks for you help!!

Best regards,

Marloes.

- Don't panic, nothing is truly under control -
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Bold 9790 keeps rebooting

Hey MarloesH,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This does seem like it software related.  I would suggest creating a backup using BlackBerry® Desktop Software™.  Then perform a clean reload of the device software as shown here: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Then only restore your contacts and not the full backup and test out the performance.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

My brand new Bold 9900 keeps rebooting as well - every 2 to 3 minutes and it is getting quite frustrating. I checked the logs on the phone and found the message below. What could be the issue?

Name: System
GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
Time: 23 Mar 2012 16:21:35
JVM:INFOp=XXXXXXXX,a='7.0.0.585',o='5.0.0.734',h=7001204
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi,

I am having the same issues. Just got the phone a couple of weeks ago and have had the following issues so far:

• Call will disconnect in the middle of the call and will get the call failed error.
  • Sometimes on dialling any number it will say dialling and after a few second just go to the normal dialled list screen.
  • While in a call many a times the call will be put on hold, most probably its due to the fact that the proximity sensor is not working properly and the hold button gets pressed somehow.
  • Day before yesterday it stopped receiving any emails, sending email was working. Called orange and they made me delete all the text messages, service books etc, 3/4 restarts and then emails started working.
  • Yesterday it not only got disconnected twice in the middle of the call but also rebooted itself.

All of the above is very annoying and inconvenient; Orange told me that since I just recently got it they will most probably send me a new replacement phone. I hope that works perfectly!

I wonder how many more people are having issues with this model and if Blackberry support team is doing anything to look into why their brand new high spec phones are having these issues? It would be very useful if they could have a dedicated page for each of their phones where they listed the known issues and if it was a mass problem recall the phones or release software fixes etc.

Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9790

Hi Ferret,

Thanks for the advice. As I was quite frustrated, I have now switched to BB9900 because I really lost all hope trying 3 different 9790's (Which I liked better esthetically, but hey, cut your losses and move on right?) 9900 has the same OS but hopefully this doesn't mean I have the same problems. If I do, I will definitely try this!

Marloes.

- Don't panic, nothing is truly under control -
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Further to my earlier post on this topic a few days ago...

Got the new replacement handset on Tuesday, (3 days ago), the first two days did not have any restarting issue with however yesterday it happened again in the middle of the call. Reported the issue to Orange UK, they advised that I shall go to an orange shop who could lend me a sim to see if the problem goes away with a different sim, this does not seem to be a practical solution as this is a intermittent issue and there does not seem to be any particular action that seems to trigger it.

It would be very helpful if someone from blackberry team could be assigned for sorting/looking into reported issues for each of the models they release. 

I will really appreciate if someone from the blackberry bold 9790 team could look into this and respond.

thank you

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Arsalans,

My contribution may not directly relate to the issue with your 9790 but I feel it may be worth looking into all the same. Try removing the memory card from the 9790 and see if the rebooting still occurs. I had the same issue with my brand new Bold 9900 and tried all sort of things until about a week ago when I fluked and got some sort of breakthrough.

Before buying the 9900, I had a 9800 with a 4GB microSD card installed. In a bid to transfer all my previous photos and music to the new phone (9900), I inserted the old memory card into the 9900. However, whilst attempting to understand and resolve the constant rebooting of the phone, I took it out. That was about a week ago. I haven't had a single reboot occurence since then.

Goodluck!

New Contributor

@mojito thank you for the suggestion but there is no card installed in the phone at the moment.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Just got my bod 9790 and I am having this rebooting problem. Any ideas what to do?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9870 / user
My Carrier: DiGi

maybe this is not related, but my BB torch 9810 is acting the same thing.

Before it went into the reboot... activate... reboot... activate... cycle, it 'hang' every time after a restart.

To solve this, i search thru the net to get advice. Mostly it was rectifying via 'BB desktop manager' plus the 'apploader'. I tried many2 times but only once it was successful. Then i hit a wall when i got error 507 which advice to go to url http://www.blackberry.com/507

But this did not work. Till now i think i done more than 10 times with a mac & a normal window PC & still my BB8910 is still not able to ON :/...

Already frusted with the news of BB10 delay... now my current available BB is not working... really a bad timing...

cheers

karin