Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: 2184109152

BB Bold 9900 Won't turn on

I've got a BB Bold 9900 through my work phone on AT&T and the phone was working just fine all night didn't have a problem with it, I plugged it into my charger went to bed now all of a sudden I can't get the phone to turn on and the red light keeps coming on and turning back off.  I tried my other battery so I know that's not the issue.  ANy other ideas?

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Bold 9900 Won't turn on

I had the same thing happen a few days ago with my 9930.  I went to bed with the phone charging, woke up to a slowly blinking red light and couldn't get the phone to turn on.  To see all the things I tried, you can take a look at my post on this forum entitled:  Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored

Unfortunately, none of the things I tried  worked for me so Verizon replaced the phone.

FYI, in the thread created by my original post, you will see a link to the CNBC article where RIM admits that there is a software glitch in the operating system for the 9900 and the 9930 which cause random units to fail.

It's possible you will be able to restore your unit using one of the things I tried but be prepared for the possibility that it will have to be replaced.

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930

Thanks for the link you provided in your post.  Even though I now am using my replacement 9930, I thought I'd try this suggestion on my bricked phone.  I still have it since I am in Jordan now and won't be able to return it to VZW until I go back to the U.S. just before Christmas.

Anyway, I tried the method set out at the  linked page three times and, I'm sorry to report, it didn't work for me.  Hopefully, it will for others.

Thanks again for your posting.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

The Bolds are defective and are sponaneously self-destructing.  Mine did this morning.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-BlackBerry-Bold-units-just-wont-wake-up-in-the-morning-RIM-confi...

I contacted RIM to inquire as to when, if ever, they intend to fix the problem and received an evasive, generic non-reply.

It looks like a complete replacement is the only remedy available at this time.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

I tried that and it doesn't work. The phones are defective, not "nuked".
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

this happened to my phone in october and i have been waiting for a fix ever since.

i got excited about the new updates OS 7.0.0.503 & .540 but they didn't work

also just tried to update to 7.1.0.74 but still no luck.

what a waste

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: PCCW

I have the same problem on my 9900 too, this was happened also on my old 9000, but the 9000 will wake up after a long charge, say more than a day, but the 9900 simply no respone at all.

I never seen a phone will Brick itself if the battery drain, the other brand just need to wait a bit long to start charging, it is not a new problem since existed on the 9000 some time ago, but it become worst in 9900.

RIM, we know why your market share is going down!!!