Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: What do you mean?

BB Bold 9900 doesn't start. Battery NOT the problem.

Hello,

I put off my BB Bold 9900 last night when going to bed and hung it on the charging machine. I do that everyday.  When I got up today morning and tried starting it again, I got no signals at all coming from the BB 9900. Thinking the battery would be the most likely problem I changed it to no avail. The original battery works well with another BB.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for any hint to a possible solution.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Bold 9900 doesn't start. Battery NOT the problem.

Hello Frutambo

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? 

Are you able to boot your device on Safe Mode :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If you did installed any apps  then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If above fails , then you have to try reloading your device OS , So please try the safe mode first and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hello prince 2012,

First of all I want to thank you for your prompt reply. In fact, I did recently upload one or two apps but they're apps which I had previously had before deleting them in due course. What is particular about my case is the fact that the BB doesn't start at all! Neither does the red light come on nor does the loading screen light up. That prompted me to suspect a battery problem in the first place. I chnaged the battery for a functional one to no avail. I then tested the battery of the problem BB and it worked on another BB. That's my problem.

Elite II

Hi there, 

If you're unable to view any blinking light then you have to perform some harsh steps to recover your device , I hope you have a backup . First you should try this Knowledege Base:

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

If above fails to load then as a final resort try this :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Please note , you may not get success at a single attempts you have to try it again and again. So try it and let us know how it goes.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Once more thank you very much for this prompt attention. Unfortunately I have attempted all the solution advices but none was successful. What I have noticed is the fact that my faulty BB smartphone won't even show up on my computer when connected via USB. I used the same connections to try another Blackberry smartphone as well as two different BB Playbook tablets, all of which get recognised promtly by the computer and the Blackberry desktop software. So in fact, none of the solutions are cable of functioning so long as the computer can't detect the smartphone.

Does it then mean that the smartphone is a lost one?

Elite II

Hi Frutanbo

Sorry to hear that both method fail to resolve , but those above methods are really helpful when we had a problem detecting our Device .

Before considersing it as lost , if you're willing I would like you to try those steps , please follow those steps :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

I wish you good luck .

New Contributor

Hello!

It's very frustrating! I only went as far as point

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN".

However, there was no option for me to choose. It was empty! I checked in my panel control to see if all the Blackberry softare were installed. All of them I assume.

Blackberry Desktop software Version 7.1.0.41,

Blackberry Device Manager Version 7.0.0.40

Blackberry Devise Sotware Updater Version 7.1.0.89

Blackberry App World Browser Plugin Version 3.1.2.15

Well I assume my options aren't that many anymore?

Thanks once more for the support.

Elite II

Hi there ,

Step 4 is the most crusial , you have to try multiple attempts to get success, or try it over another PC , all I mean you have to try again and again unless it shows PIN UNKNOWN . 

If above steps do not allow or work then sorry to say it must be a hardware issue and in that situation we can't do much , you have to visit your service provider or any mobile repair shop who can handle it .

I hope you understand .

New Contributor

I have tried it over and over and even on another pc to no avail. I now conlcude that I just have to contact the retailer.

Thank you very much for all the efforts encouragements.

Keep up the good work.

Frutambo

Elite II

Hello Frutambo

Thanks !

I feel sorry for your device , I hope your Service provider will able to fix your device issue .

Good luck.