Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Bell

BB Bold Email Questions

New to BBs and just recently got the Bold 9790. Sorry if this is a weird question.

I configured my email accounts with my BB (get notifications, etc) and was wondering how much MB it uses. My plan has:

"Email and Internet BB 500MB flex" and it says "Email and Short messages".

I was wondering how much that is. Would I go over if I checked my emails a few times a day, etc.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Bold Email Questions

There is no way you're going to go anywhere near 500 MB in one month checking emails......NOT EVEN CLOSE!

First of all, having a BlackBerry automatically reduces your data usage because all data passes through RIM's servers where it is compressed before being sent to your phone.  Try that on an iPhone or Android!

Unless you're watching a LOT of streaming videos, you probably won't even hit 100 MB a month, so I wouldn't give it another thought.  Go ahead and check those emails. 

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis

I have 300MB data plan, and never go beyond that even though I always checking 2 email accounts and using BBM, windows live messenger, twitter and facebook all the time, also upgrading apps on my phone and googling things Smiley Happy so, no worries
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

I got 600MB a month, and they're gone in couple of weeks... If you just send and receive text e-mails and BBM's you will not be near 500MB, but if you're on youtube watching music videos etc. you'll use quite a lot!