Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

I accidently drop my Bold and damaged its lcd display.
I have got a new display from Ebay and replaced the damaged one.

Initially the system will not boot up except blinking red light a few times.
I have followed the instructions on this forum to reloaed the OS using application loader. It starts loading and I am getting the following message during the device initialization phase.

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

The new LCD I have put shows a narrow vertical band of mixed colors in the middle of the screen. Is the colored band normal thing?

Any suggestions what is going on? Could it be that the new LCD display is not compatible with this device or the new one is also damaged.

I have tried all sort of solution mentioned in this fourm using JL_Cmder and wiping the whole system tutorials, etc.

Thanks

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BB Bold: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

My suggestion? try to contact any company to do it, here is one link 

http://horizonwirelessonline.com/cat/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Bold: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation

I am looking for a replacment LCD.  After checking on several blogs, it appears that there are at least three differant model numbers for the LCD - 001/004, 002/004 and 003/004.  I have not yet been able to confirm with RIM, but it appears you MUST replace the unit with the same model or various video problems occur after replacment when rebooting the device.  It sounds like that MAY be the problem you are having, but I am unable to confirm.  Do you still have BOTH LCDs to check?