Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Bold not recognized by Desktop software

My BB Bold 9000 worked perfectly with the BB Desktop on my old computer running Windows XP Pro.  On my new machine with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, the Desktop software cannot find the phone.  I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  I have the latest version from the BB website.

Windows recognizes the phone.  It appears in the device manager.  When plugged into a USB port, the storage in the phone is fully available from the Windows Explorer.  I can read save files to the phone. 

But when I start the Desktop software, the "Connect your BB device" message remains on the screen.

I need to sync and back up my phone on the new computer.   Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

George...

Regular Contributor
My Device: CURVE 3G 9300
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Re: BB Bold not recognized by Desktop software

No Problem! 

Please Follow these steps: ( it should work, i tried this way)

1. Restart your phone , by pulling the battery and wait for 10 seconds and turn it on

2 .Restart Your PC and Connect again it should work or else continue the steps

3. If Connected remove your  Blackberry from your PC.

4..Close your BB desktop manager. and open task manager ( Right click taskbar and select Start Task manager)

Goto Process tab and Find these files 

RIM.Desktop.Autoupdate.exe

RIM.Desktop.exe

RIM.DesktopHelper.exe

RIM.Transcoder.exe

RIMDEV~1.exe

If any of these above files are shown, right click and select end process.

4. Now check your taskbar ( bottom right near the time)  for any BB Desktop Manager icon, if shown right click and       select exit.

5. Now open your BB desktop Manager and wait till it opens (DONT CONNECT YOUR BB NOW!)

6. After completely open, now connect your Blackberry. 

IT WILL WORK!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Bold not recognized by Desktop software

I do appreciate your attempt to help.  It still doesn't work.  I have tried all that you seggested.  Several times.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  Again, several times.  I have to wonder if there is some issue with the 64 bit version of Win 7.   On my laptop, still running Win XP Pro, everything works as it should.   For the time being, unless and until I find a solution, I am doing my backups and synchs on the laptop. 

Thanks again.

George...