Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Bold won't send email; recieves okay

I recently upgraded from BB Curve. I used the Device Transfer Wizard to move data to my BB Bold.  My handheld will not send email but receives okay.  After I compose an email, I select "Send" and the screen indicates the message is sent by displaying a checkmark.  However, the email never arrives.  If I attach somethng to the email, it never leaves the phone, but displays a "Sending" symbol indefinitely. My email service is with Time Warner (Roadrunner) and my data service is AT&T.  I resent service books and mh email service shows in the service books list under "Advanced Options".  Neither my AT&T nor my Blackberry email accounts are working at the moment, except to receive.  Can you help?  According to the local AT&T store sales rep, this is a common problem with BB/Roadrunner combinations but they don't have a solution.  Thanks in advance.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Bold won't send email; recieves okay

I don't recall any issues I have read about BlackBerry/Roadrunner issues.

How did this work before, ok? 

I would suggest that you delete your services books completely for the email addresses.

Then reboot the device with a powered on battery pull.

Then resend the servcie books from your BIS screen on the device or the PC.

You might need to do one additional powered on battery pull.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: BB Bold won't send email; recieves okay

9670 STYLE mail not working either. The style is loaded with issues so I am not suprised. I had to go out and buy an inexpensive phone so my business could continue to run smoothly. Trackpad on last 3 9670 Style-REPLACEMENTS- freeze daily. What ever happened to RIM..worst phone I have owned since 1998.