Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Curve 8330, keep it or find a different phone?

When I purchased my first BB Curve 8330, it was a couple of days after when I was told I needed to return it for a new one due to defects.  I have come to know and love my 8330 until the trackball stopped working a few days back.  Now this is the second BB Curve 8330 after just 1 1/2 months.  After having Sprint Service work on the trackball they said I have been approved for a new replacement phone, or keep my current phone and see what happens with the trackball??  Of course I have decided to once again trade my current phone for a new one since obviously something is wrong with my current phone or they wouldn't suggest trading it for a new one. 

Question; is this the norm?  Is this common with the BlackBerry Curve 8330 or with BlackBerry altogether?  Should I start thinking about getting some other smart phone instead of another BlackBerry Curve 8330?  My phone works great with my work email and phone book.  Any suggestions or advice from the pros out there?  I was told to return tomorrow Aug. 07th after 3:00pm to pick up a new one because they are "back ordered and out of stock"??  Is there a known defect on the BB Curve 8330 that I am not aware of.  I would appreciate feedback and advice...

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB Curve 8330, keep it or find a different phone?

Pchmike,

IMHO I think you should definitely keep your phone. While your experience with a bad phone is not the norm, any new device requires patience until setups are complete, and you learn all the functions on the phone. Your experience with a stuck ringtone is an example of normal "glitches' that can occur when you first start exercising any device.

Stick with these forums and it will help lower your frustrations. I have learned so much and so fast, it's the best knowledgebase I've seen. The people on this site will go over and beyond to help, mostly because we have been there. Smiley Happy

I suggest you go through BlackBerry 101 and Crackberry 101 to help your learn faster. Here's the links:

http://crackberry.com/crack-team/crackberry-com-features/blackberry-101

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Curve 8330, keep it or find a different phone?

Thank you very much for the encouagement.  And yes I am referring to the forums more and more.  I hope to pick up the new BB Curve 8330 replacement today.  Now my challenge is finding a Sprint Service store that still has them in stock!

Thank you,

pchmike