Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: sprint

BB Curve 8350 quit email function. Can't load address for email setup..."blank entry not valid" even though info entered

HELP!!  My BB quit sending/receiving emails 6 weeks ago.  I tried to do the setup again, but error message says "Blank entry not valid" even though the info has been entered (Email & password)   I tried to get help from Sprint but as they aren't supporting BB anymore, they just want me to upgrade. 

I swapped devices this AM (8350 Black for 8350 Red) and the same issue on this device.  Any assistance is welcome!!!

Thank you!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Curve 8350 quit email function. Can't load address for email setup..."blank entry not valid" even though info entered

Can you log in at the link below? If not, only Sprint can help you. If they tell you they aren't supporting BB anymore that is completely false.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Re: BB Curve 8350 quit email function. Can't load address for email setup..."blank entry not valid" even though info entered

Nope, I just tried to log in and it won't let me. Asked for password and it says "sent to device" Nothing here.....Sprint said they aren't supporting BB and urged me to upgrade to non-bb smartphone
I've spent 3+ hours today alone trying to resolve this issue, not counting 611 customer service, who again, urged me to dump bb
New Contributor

Additionally, this is the third time I've been told, "Go online only BB can help you" and then "Go to Sprint, only they can help you."  This is ridiculous.  It's a software issue!!!!!!

Sprint Tech set up a bb account right in front of me online.  Verified his email and tried to get his email to my phone and was unsuccessful.  He got the same error message. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need to speak to a supervisor or someone other than the level one support. What you have been told is absolutely false and Sprint has NOT stopped supporting BlackBerry. They can, indeed, reset your BIS email account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

If they cannot resolve your issue ask them to escalate your case to RIM. it is what they are SUPPOSED to do when they cannot resolve a BlackBerry issue. Whoever you have been on the phone with does not know what they are doing.

This forum is not an official support channel but rather a peer-to-peer support forum community where other users just like yourself help each other out with their BlackBerry device.

Some things can only be solved by RIM, however, and the only channel to their support is through your carrier.

New Contributor

Got Pin & ESN  after entering the response is: you can not set up email on the computer, you must set up on the smartphone" 

New Contributor

Thanks for you support & advice!  I really do not want to give up my blackberry, but all of these issues are making me want to throw up my hands and quit!! 

Highlighted
Guru II

If it were me I would switch carriers. The support you are getting from Sprint is horrible. They are the only official support channel for you as a BlackBerry user. To tell you a lie that they are no longer supporting BB is inexcusable.

Call them up and tell them if they can't help with your issue that you want the case escalated to RIM.