Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: 02

BB Curve 9320 cannot use numbers on main screen!

Hi there I'm new to this forum so if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry Smiley Happy

I got this phone off my son, it's only 6 months old and when its on the main screen it wont let me put numbers in. Also it used to search the device when you typed the letter keys but no longer does this.

My son bought a theme for it and ever since then we had this problem. We have deleted the theme but this hasnt helped.

As you can imagine this is causing problems and if, god forbid, I needed to call emergancy services it would take forever as the only way I can call a number that isnt in my contacts I have to go into my contacts and save it!

Hope you can help or point me in the right direction as its only 6 months old.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BB Curve 9320 cannot use numbers on main screen!

Hello Dackiedoo

First you make a backup of your device.

It is advisable to do a security wipe of the device to see if the problem is solved.

If evidences the persistence even need to upgrade your Blackberry OS.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

How exactly do I do all that? I'm not good with those type of things sry Smiley Embarassed

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Can you try again type numbers and make a call?

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor

No it wont let me. I can make a call by pressing the call key but not put any numbers in on the main screen.

Dont know how to backup ect.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Dackiedoo wrote:

No it wont let me. I can make a call by pressing the call key but not put any numbers in on the main screen.

Dont know how to backup ect.

Hello Dackiedoo

Here is Knowledge Base on how to do a Backup using Desktop Software :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

And for your current issue , In my view you should first try an OS Reload rather then a wipe , OS reload  will fix any software glitches within your device which a Security wipe is not capable of .A Security wipe simply deletes User data and never touches the Device OS .

Once you have your Backup you can follow this Knowledge Base to reload your Device Software.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

After Reloading  first check if your issue with your Keyboard Resolves , If problem cease then perform a selective restore , Restore only your Contacts , Calendars , memos etc. 

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Go to options>phone options>general options>dial from home screen, if it is turned 'no' change it to yes, if it is on 'yes' I think you're best bet is to do a security wipe s mentioned above.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Dialog

you dont need to do any of that.

For Blackberry Curve 9320

1. Goto Options > Display > Home Screen Preference
  2. Click on the “Launch by Typing” drop down
  3. Select Universal Search
  4. Save

You should be good to go.