Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Curve Install of Desktop Software fails

Op Sys is Vista and error message is Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action. Get same messae regardless if doing custom or typical installation.

When I visited M/S site per tech services the script 5.6 is for XP and 2000.

Really appreciate if someone can tell me what is the solution for Vista 32 bit system?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BB Curve Install of Desktop Software fails

Which version of dektop manager you're trying to install? Check the link and download desktop manager version 4.5.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

or 4.6
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

The version of desktop I have tried to install so far is 4.3, which came on the disc with the BB. I will try 4.5 tonite. Any other hints for install with Vista 32 Bit?

New Contributor

First I want to thank those who responded and tried to help me.

I followed some of the advise, had no improvement and so decided to try my pc manufacturer tech support.

That was a good move because the problem I reported re error 2738 is not BB unique and was fixed in less than 45 minutes by pc tech support.

I did go to my computer and open the cd drive and manually start the install as administrator instead of using autorun. I have no idea if this really helped.

The install was incredibly slow. This was particularly true for the Roxio section which seemed to stall out several times. The install probably took 90 minutes.

The good news, the install was successful and I now have the desktop manager working.