Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Curve/Mac OS 10.4.11 User - Need help!

times

Hi

I have many questions. I posted this in the Curve forum but this is probably a better place. Reading other posts I am wondering if I should have gone the i phone route?

I needed a device that can do everything so I got the Curve [fit my budget.] . When my ex-mate left, he left the G4 and other things . However, I never took care of it all he did. So now- I am trying to figure it all out, have a handheld device that does all, save things etc - I need it for work.  I am not sure where to start- I worry about botching it up so I lose everything.

First -

Pocket Mac

What do I need to DL and install from the BB site? 

I have the Blackberry Curve but due to lack of know how I am underutilizing it's abilities.. I need help with this!

There are a lot of choices and I think I may need to DL more than one choice but I just don't know. 

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Seems there are a lot of issues. I have no immediate "tech support" [the ex is gone] and am not sure about several things.

What software exactly do I DL and install so I can sync up computer and BB?

Music:

The T-Mobile people told me that the BB could function as an I-pod. How do I UL all my music in my I Tunes library to my BB?

Email/Calendar:

Does the BB sync with gmail? I heard it did. How do I do that?

My MS office 04 Entourage is shot and I can't get a new install from ex so- 

Calendar- Does Gmail calendar work? 

Photos:

Works with I Photo right? Once I get the right Pocket Mac software?

SAFETY

I read someone lost their phone from installing Pocket Mac.

Word on that? It is my only phone, I don't have insurance on it. I am simply trying to utilize all that it offers and am a bit lost! I can figure stuff out but I worry that I will do that to the detriment of my files and/or device. 

Recommendations to help this newbie get acclimated to the digital world?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Curve/Mac OS 10.4.11 User - Need help!

Hi,

The best advice I can give you since you have a Mac is to download pocketmac. Once i did that my mac and bb ran great together. You do need to use the usb cord, phone to computer but then your good to go.

Have fun!