Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Curve - Messages disappear from SMS and MMS folder

Hi, I am using a BB Curve devise and am quite happy with it. However, a problem bugs me from begin on; e.g. my messgages disappear on it own after a while although the option "kept messages forever" is selected. At first I though, it was a problem of the SIM card, so I have it changed. It was then ok for a while until now but all messages disappear again on its own! Has anyone faces this sort of problem before? Please help!
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: BB Curve - Messages disappear from SMS and MMS folder

Typically this issue comes about when the free memory on the device is low. If you go to Options > Status check the File Free parameter and see what is says. If it is less than 10000000 bytes then you will want to free up some memory.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Curve - Messages disappear from SMS and MMS folder

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your advise! I checked and found that the memory is running at 3.194,234Bytes. According to you, this is too low and I do agree with that! I will try to free some and see how it works. Can you please further comment, why ALL the mails are deleted and not the oldest one only?