Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Curve and New Map Features

Does anyone know anything about this with the Curve 8320??

• New! Local search – Looking for a cup of coffee? Nearest hospital or post office? Locate your options within a 30-km radius**. Enter a search term like ‘pizza’ to view a list of places to grab a slice.
  •  

Located here on the bb site.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/blackberry_maps.jsp#tab_tab_features

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Guru I
    My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
    My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB Curve and New Map Features

Hi,

Lots of people on this forum are using this app. My carrier is Verizon and unless I but their navigation package,

my GPS is disabled. Make sure your is enabled other wise the app won't function correctly.

If your GPS is not enabled get Google maps (free) it will use GPS but augments it with triangulation with cell phone towers. It's not as accurate (3000 meters) but it has some other great features.

Check with your carrier to make sure your GPS is enabled.

Hope this helps!

If you need anymore information please ask, if not please resolve the thread using the options over the Kudo's star.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
    Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter