Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: orange

BB Curve lock-in and password issues

When switiching it on, my BB Curve 9300 asks me to enter "blackberry" in order to "continue" and be able to write down my password and unlock the device.

I type "blackberry" then here is what appears : the screen asks me to type my password. I type imy password but the password appears unencrypted - in full letters and figures -, which is of course not the case traditionaly.

On top of that, and at the same time, the logo "EN", (for English I guess ?) appears at the same time at the top end right of the screen. Usually there isn't any sign or logo at this top-end of the device (I am French subscriber to a French Orange offer, and of course the entire menu and functions are by default stated in French).

It has been around four days I have'nt been able to check my messages and they are apparently piling up as my phone keeps on ringing.

The screen says that I have just one more attempt for entering the password - after that all the data will be erased ...

I try to remove the battery and the card but thnigs haven't changed.

Thanks for your help!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BB Curve lock-in and password issues

Hey Arnaud92

But remember the password this team will do a security wipe after losing the 10 incorrect password attempts.

When you type the word blackberry is the attempt 5 warns you first.

You must know the password for your BB otherwise lose the information that is on your device.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Solutions: 6,362
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Curve lock-in and password issues

Arnaud92 wrote:

The screen says that I have just one more attempt for entering the password - after that all the data will be erased ...

Try this:

Connect to your PC and run the BlackBerry Desktop Software and it will again ask for your Password.

enter the correct password there. Hopefully you will get it right, this time OR it will wipe all personal data from the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code